Pages

.

What to Wear I Boudoir edition

Clients are always saying to me, "Katie, I have no idea what to bring or what to wear."

My answer to them is to wear something that makes them feel sexy. Whether "feeling sexy" means sporting your favorite flannel pajamas, or sporting a piece of fishing wire with high heels - you need to wear what makes you feel great.

I put together just a few ideas, and these don't even cover all the potentials.

You can go with a "theme" - I once had a client who wore a sailor cap, cuffs, and her lingerie was red, white and blue.

Corsets are always sexy, though I don't have any on display in this post.

I encourage high heels that are a tad above the "norm" - while your basic black pumps will do, I think it's always fun to photograph shoes that are extremely sexy, or super flashy. But then again, I like to think of photography as art, so the "weirder" the better. Lol.

Or, you can forego the heels altogether, and just stick with your super sexy toes painted a deep shade of red. Guys always love that, too. 

This first one is what I call "Pretty in Pink."
It's cute and sweet, and yet sexy and sultry. Plus, this color photographs well on just about every human being on earth.


1. Creme Brule Set, Anthropologie, $42;   2. Basic long pearl necklace (found at Target stores, or anywhere that sells costume jewelry);   3. Revlon Vital Radiance Moisture Boosting Lip Shine, $2;   4. Classic Line Epoxy Gold Tone Ring, Amazon, $12;   5. Jessica Simpson Ely shoes, Piperlime, $98


By the way, long necklaces that embrace your - ahem - front side - are always great on camera.

My next collection of ideas is full of sexy, fun, flirty things to wear. I put two different selections for shoes - the sexy black shoes are always a hit, but I couldn't resist a slight pop of red.

1. Dotted Night Set, Anthropologie, $96;   2. Black Flower Stretch Ring, Claire's, $6;   3. DKNY Fishnet stockings, Amazon, $12;   4. The Ultimate Matte Red Lipstick, Amazon, $15;   5. Jessica Simpson Kingsley shoes, Jessica Simpson Collection, $85;   6. Kelsi Dagger Pumps, Amazon, $119


And, finally, some girls just like to keep it simple. I definitely recommend the simple look - what man doesn't like a woman in an off-the-shoulder sweater with some messy hair, and some sexy heels!?


1. Steve Madden Fantasha, Steve Madden, $100;   2. Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick, Amazon, $7.50;   3. Boxer Pullover, Anthropologie, $88


Can you tell I'm a fan of Anthropologie? I'd be in huge financial trouble if I had one anywhere near me. 

Some other ideas for what to bring:

  • False eye lashes
  • Your man's favorite tie
  • Your man's favorite shirt
  • Your man's favorite hat
  • Cowboy hat
  • Your man's cowboy boots (I've seen it done...it was so cute)
  • Panties with a cute little message, i.e. "Mrs. Smith" or "Bride to Be"
  • A guitar or something of sentiment

Ladies in Dallas, get ready! I'm so excited to see you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment