Pages

.

Pam and Mike got hitched.

Pam and Mike. Where do I begin?

In August of 2011, I was looking for a photographer to help me out with a wedding I was going to be shooting. I had met Pam online thru a photography forum that we both belonged to. I asked, she agreed...our friendship flourished from there.

During some down time at the wedding, Pam and I talked a little about our past relationships, as well as our current ones. We talked about marriage -- something we both had very similar, strong feelings about. Pam was pretty adamant that she and Mike were meant for each other for always...but that they would not be getting married.

Literally a day later (not really, but very soon thereafter), Pam called me...she was engaged. Lol.

Not long after that, the two of us were driving around the city of Grand Rapids, no doubt looking for a place to eat, when she asked me whether I would prefer to be a guest at her wedding...or the photographer.

Obvious choice. ;)

So I agreed to do it. And OMG, am I glad that I did.

First of all, Pam is so, so beautiful. Any photographer would be happy to have her images as a part of their portfolio.

Second of all, I got to be a part of all the intimate moments of the day. This is always special for a photographer...but it is even more special when it is one of your very best friends.

Because that was what Pam had become. One of my best friends. Even now, living over 1,000 miles away from one another, we speak every single day.

It was wonderful having the chance to photograph Pam and Mike and be a part of their day. From the pre-wedding getting ready stuff, to the ceremony, to the 4-hours we spent on a party bus and at a local bar, I had an awesome time.

The reception was held at the local Children's Museum, and while there aren't a lot of photos that I will be posting from that particular time, trust me when I say -- the love they have for one another, and the love they are embraced with by others, is very, very obvious. They are truly loved and admired by many.

Congratulations to you, Mike and Pam. May your years together be blessed with joy and happiness...and a few more babies. ;)






























0 comments:

Post a Comment